WARDSBORO YOKED PARISH
The Methodist Church on Main St. in Wardsboro has closed indefinitely due to the need for structural repairs and renovations.
To get your name on the email list for weekly messages from the Wardsboro Yoked Parish notices of church cancellations due to weather or changes, email Pastor Pete Carlson....>
Any questions concerning reopening the Wardsboro and Jamaica churches— 802-874-4181.
The South Wardsboro Congregational Church will reopen for worship services on Sun-day, June 21, 2020, at 9am. Currently (as of May 23, 2020) the State of Vermont is allowing Houses of Worship to open to 25% of their maximum capacity (a church that holds 100 people could allow 25 people to attend worship). Even if restrictions are eased, as is slowly happening now, it is felt that it would still be appropriate to practice social distancing. These are some things that were discussed concerning staying safe and healthy when we reopen the church:
• Pews would be cordoned off allowing only certain ones to be used, allowing for social distancing.
• Wearing face masks would be mandatory.
• Hand sanitizer would be made available to everyone attending for use during and after the service.
• The church would be cleaned before and after the service.
• A basket would be available for the offering (like the "Free Will” offering at the Christmas Eve service), thereby making it unnecessary to have the ushers personally collect the offering.
• Any scripture used during the service as well as the hymn lyrics would be printed in the program, making it unnecessary to handle the pew Bibles and hymnals.
• A waste basket would be provided for the used programs.
• The children’s coloring books, crayons, etc., would not be distributed for the time being.
Keeping our parishioners safe and healthy is our first priority, and we do not want anyone to feel uncomfortable while attending worship services. Hopefully, if we move ahead cautiously and carefully, we can resume a schedule of weekly worship services, though somewhat different than we have been used to in the past.